Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Po' Excuse for a Po' Boy

Jerry's Sandwiches (jerryssandwiches.com) is one of my favorite sandwich shops ever.  Their extensive menu was proof that there are infinite possibilities of what you can put between two slices of bread.    


While I was disappointed to learn that Jerry's West Loop location was closing, I had high hopes of the new po' boy shop that would open in it's place.  As I've said before, I hold Cajun food as the gold standard of culinary perfection.  And because Mac & Mins is just another restaurant concept by the same husband and wife team that owns Jerry's, I figured this was going to take the mufulletta to a whole 'nother level!


Ummm....not so much.


All I have to say is that if you really want to try Mac & Min's, go soon.  I don't think this place will survive.....


Here's their attempt at a muffuletta.  (Maybe I should send them my pics from Central Grocery??? http://feastwithfriends.blogspot.com/2010/04/new-orleans-my-food-mecca.html  Not even close!  
Whaddya think?)


Traditional Muffuletta
with ham, coppicola, mortadella and salami

BBQ Shrimp Po'Boy
Not so tasty....
This just made me long for the real deal
BBQ Shrimp and Grits
at Emeril's NOLA restuarant.




Mac & Min's
1045 W. Madison Street
Chicago, IL
www.macandmins.com


Well, at least Jerry's Sandwiches is still open in Wicker Park.....
Jerry's Wicker Park
1938 W. Division Street
Chicago, IL

jerryssandwiches.com

No comments:

Post a Comment