Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese

Buffalo Chicken Macaroni & Cheese
Buffalo Pulled Chicken
Sharp Cheddar, Colby Jack & Blue Cheeses
with Homemade Sourdough Breadcrumb Crust


Start with a cup and a half each of shredded
extra sharp cheddar cheese and colby jack cheese.
Make the cheese sauce.
Melt butter, then add a tablespoon of flour.
Cook for a few minutes before adding milk.
Once milk is hot, add one cup of cheese at a time, stirring
with whisk until melted.
Stir in Greek yogurt. Add cooked pasta.
Saute garlic and celery in oil until tender.
Season with salt and pepper.


Add cooked chicken
and a generous amount of Franks Hot Sauce

If this dish isn't loaded with enough fat and carbs for you,
 Boneless, breaded buffalo chicken strips would be great here too...

Bring it all together!
Layer the chicken and mac & cheese
...top with crumbled blue cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs
& a pat of butter.


I typically LOVE to use panko breadcrumbs to top my mac & cheese.  But this time, I used homemade breadcrumbs with the sourdough bread I had on hand.  I just cut a few cubes and ran 'em in my food processor.  It actually worked really well!  The chewy, crustiness was perfect as a topper.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes





2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I'll have to try it I love looking at your blog - such great pictures! Brad and I just looked through your recent posts - we miss Chicago dining! ~ Toby

    ReplyDelete