Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Raku Sushi

SLOWEST SERVICE E-V-E-R!  


We decided at the last minute to celebrate Mom's birthday at Raku.  I'd been there before and it was pretty decent sushi but, more importantly, on a Friday night, it was a convenient meeting place for the whole fam.


Because it was a cold day, I opted for a bowl of udon soup instead of sushi.  Mistake #1.  


My brother ordered both sushi and udon soup as well.  His sushi came out first.  OK.... no red flags there.  As he worked through his sushi (the rest of us watching with nothing but chopsticks in front of us), his shrimp tempura udon came out.











Since my brother's soup came out, mine wouldn't be too far behind..... right?  WRONG.


Tim's meal came out next.  And by "next", I mean about 15 minutes later.


Thank God Tim doesn't like ginger dressing... at least I had something to eat while waiting the next 15 minutes before getting my Seafood Udon.


Dad's order for Japanese-style Shrimp Curry came out next (after another 10 minutes).


The birthday girl sat anxiously awaiting her meal.....  A good 75 minutes after placing our orders, Mom finally got her food!


Despite the average food and terrible service, . Mom still left smiling.  What a trooper!  Happy Birthday, Mom!!!  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment