Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friday Morning Breakfast Date

It's our thing.  Every Friday morning (well, almost every Friday), Tim and I have a breakfast date before heading to work for the day.  While we have our favorite spots (Juicy-O!!!!), we try to hit a new place each week.

This past Friday, we went to Fresh Start Cafe in Elmhurst.  The taste of the food wasn't really blogworthy, but I did love the Fresh Start Sampler option.  It's perfect for indecisive breakfast eaters like me.  You get your pick of: (1) half a waffle, 2 pancakes or French toast; (2) a two-egg omelette; (3) a crepe.  How awesome is that?  I ordered this and it ended up being my breakfast  and lunch for the day.


Lots o' food!
Vegetarian omelette (with tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, onions & cheedar)
Crepe (with roasted portobello mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, tomato and scrambled eggs)
and Pancakes!



Southern Eggs Benedict
Poached eggs with Canadian bacon topped with sausage gravy
served on open-faced biscuits


The food wasn't anything special, but I guess I can't say they don't try...
I give them props for the cutesy little touches like yarn on our utensils.



Fresh Start Cafe
1038 S York Rd
Elmhurst, IL

1 comment:

  1. The Service was GOOD!! But the company was the BEST!!! Friday Breakfast is ALWAYS the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete