Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes

Happy St Patrick's Day!


I'm not Irish, but I'll celebrate any holiday that gives me the excuse to bake with booze!  
Irish Car Bomb Cupcake


So what is an Irish Car Bomb Cupcake?  


Well, an Irish Car Bomb drink is made with Guinness, Bailey's Irish cream, and Jameson Irish whiskey.  


So, I guess technically this isn't a true Irish Car Bomb cupcake.  My cupcakes consisted of Guinness chocolate cake, a Bailey's white chocolate ganache filling, and Bailey's buttercream frosting.  I suppose I could've made the ganache filling with Jameson....but Bailey's is just SOOO good!  


(Did I just invent a Filipino car bomb?)
.
Start by making Guinness chocolate cupcakes

Once cooled, hollow out the centers

Fill with white chocolate Baileys ganache

Top with Baileys buttercream frosting!




No comments:

Post a Comment